Doubleday

Doubleday Publishing

Doubleday was founded in 1897. Among their first bestsellers was The Day's Work by Rudyard Kipling. Today, Doubleday publishes an array of commercial fiction, literary fiction and serious nonfiction titles.

The World of Poo
Peter Ackroyd
The Admissions
Meg Mitchell Moore

Days of Fire: Bush and Cheney in the White House

Days of Fire: Bush and Cheney in the White House - Peter Baker At last, a balanced, nuanced, and carefully considered history of the eight years these two men ruled the most powerful nation in the world. Bush and Cheney emerge as very different players working towards a common goal of strengthening the U.S. and promoting its values around the world. That their actions caused so much controversy and stirred so much resentment is evidence of the magnitude of their work and the strength of their convictions. This work makes no attempt to alter previous judgements of the two, besides working to debunk the simplistic myth that Cheney was, somehow, "really in charge." Instead, Baker presents, in very readable fashion, a huge slate of evidence to consider for those of us who lived through the era and will spend the rest of our lives dealing with its consequences.