Doubleday

Doubleday Publishing

Doubleday was founded in 1897. Among their first bestsellers was The Day's Work by Rudyard Kipling. Today, Doubleday publishes an array of commercial fiction, literary fiction and serious nonfiction titles.

The World of Poo
Peter Ackroyd
The Admissions
Meg Mitchell Moore

Memories of a Marriage: A Novel

Memories of a Marriage: A Novel - Louis Begley Meg Wolitzer of The New York Times Book Review said: "[E]ngrossing ... Begley gives us a chance to see into two different, often obscured worlds. One is the most private recesses of another couple’s marriage. The other is high-WASP society — though most people don’t usually even know where that particular unmarked door is, let alone get a chance to have it quietly shut in their faces ... The pleasures of this novel reside not so much in where the 'truth' lies as in its context. The world of the highly entitled at play and at work — seen traveling the globe over the decades, installing themselves in European hotels and joining exclusive men’s clubs and marrying into families made up of 'very much our kind of people' — remains irresistible."